You can create an item that links to content on the internet.
- Navigate to a course.
- In the Coursemenu click an item that contains “Content”, (In our example this is “Documenten”).
- Hover the mouse over “Build Content”, then click [Web Link] in the section [Create].
- At [Name], enter the name of the internet link.
- At [URL], enter the exact address of the website, for example “http://www.rijksmuseum.nl/”.
- If necessary, click [Browse My Computer] or [Browse Course] under [Attachments]. Subsequently, select the file on your computer that you want to make available.
- Under [Options], indicate:
- Whether the item should be available to users. If so, select [Yes] next to “Permit Users to View this Content”.
- Whether the website that is linked to should be opened in a new browser window. If so, select [Yes] next to [Open in New Window].
- Whether the number of times the item is consulted should be tracked. If so, select [Yes] next to [Track Number of Views].
- After and until what date and time the item should be available to users.
- You can only add an item when the [Edit Mode] is [On].
- It is recommended to open a link to a website in Blackboard in a new browser window. When the website that is linked to is not opened in a new browser window, it could be that it causes the course menu to disappear.
- If you configure an end time for the availability of the item, it is not visible to users after that end time, but is still visible for the Instructors, Teachers, Course Builders and Teaching Assistants.